Thursday, February 16, 2012

Loving Aldi

Hate, hate, hate grocery shopping....any other shopping is fine with me. I avoid, delay, avoid some more and generally don't get around to it. But point me in the direction of the nearest Aldi and I'm grabbing my grocery bags and hitting the aisles. Recently purchased the most tender butterflied lamb, scrummy egg bacon and potato salad (seriously) and a tub of my all time favourite, tabbouleh. Yesterday all that was required was a few tomatoes that I had volunteered to pick up for a friend on my way home.......this did not happen. I came away with an amazing poster on the human body, complete with anatomical correctly labelled bits, two bottles of bubble bath, a fabulous cheesecake, five new toothbrushes, a massive bag of fruit and nuts, seriously considered purchasing a fab wine fridge..... and yes three tomatoes...... finally. Think I might head back in on Saturday.......to have another love fest. See you in aisle 4.

 

2 comments:

  1. I have got to get into this Aldi thing - every where I go someone has something really cool from there. I like a little experimental shopping while you do the groceries! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MUST...I resisted for a long time, now I treat it as an exploration of the unexpected....with the odd grocery item collected, eases the pain of my dislike of "pure" grocery shopping. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening......................