Friday, February 10, 2012

My funeral song?

Eden from Edenland has posed this question........here is my answer, it's Kentish Town Waltz by the talented Imelda May....... because I want WEEPING.....not crying but WEEPING. I love this song and I remember the moment it reduced me to a blubbering wreck of humanity....not that I'll be around to score anyones performance on the crying versus weeping aspect.





Plus, when my brother passed away my mum thought that "a nice Willy Nelson song" would be a good choice to play at his funeral........I'm sure he still haunts me over this choice and the fact that I didn't do anything to alter her choice.........so my choice has been declared............but I don't won't to rush things.

9 comments:

  1. I have never heard this song! Yes, you want weeping. Definitely. And yes, no more Willy Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imelda May is an excellent singer....(she could conjure up weeping) and Willy Nelson is not (in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  3. willy nelson *shudders* i hadn't heard of Imelda before in my life, but it is an awesome song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is even better live and I went to see her last year...it was a birthday gift!

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard this song before either, but very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... I just popped over here to read my comment that I made last week and it appears that I DID NOT MAKE ONE BECAUSE I AM A COMPLETE ARSEHOLE.

    I am so sorry! I have a ridiculous haphazard way of commenting on everybody who wrote a post out .... obviously I failed. This week, I'm commenting IN ORDER of who linked up on the meme. I know - am genius. I am so sorry - one of the whole reasons I started a meme is so people get more commenting love, and to feel included.

    So. I love the song you chose ... pretty sure Bono sang it with her last December? She is beautiful.


    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I'm feeling the inclusion...don't feel like the new girl so much anymore....ah Imelda and Bono...I want to be their love child

      Delete
    2. arsehole....beg to differ.... you are soul

      Delete

I'm listening......................