Wednesday, February 1, 2012

With a little help from my friends

I'm in a strange place. I have never been here before and I have to get it right......I have to make a decision. Ten years ago I was also in a strange place and I had to make a decision and I had to get it right.......but it was a decision based on these words "Mum we really, really want to live here...."I promised I would do everything I could do to make that happen....but I was scared, afraid I couldn't do it. We had already gone through a family breakdown and it looked like we were going to wave goodbye to our home....the only home that they had ever known.
So this is what I did. I made it happen. I managed to pull it all together and keep my promise. It wasn't easy, it has been tough.
Now I'm feeling weird. Those children who so needed to be in this house, their home, are no longer living here, so what am I to do? Why do I feel so unsettled?
Today I got some answers. I had a  vision  of grand renovating schemes that involved Plan A, Plan B and a Plan C. I was going for it!
We talked it over, there were detailed discussions, there were drawings, there were ideas, time frames, cost considerations and then the real answer. It came from my friend Steve.
He gave me the answer to the reason why I was so unsettled. He explained that I am now living in my own space........it's all mine.......I am no longer anchored to one spot........I am released, I have completed my job......I can move on.
I'm not though.
I love this place.
But this old girl could do with a bit of a tart up so that's whats going to happen. I can almost hear her sigh with relief.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening......................