Monday, February 20, 2012

Who,what, when,where,why?

This hand has a twin, but it was taking the photo at the time. They both spend a lot of time "doing" "things". One of those things is caring....I am a carer. I have a daughter that needs care for the rest of my life.....but then what? Who will care for her then? How long can I keep doing this?
I work  in a full time job and then as one stranger once put it "I knock off work to go home and carry bricks."
I do.
Alone.
If I want to "just breathe", take a well earned break, the right  of each individual, the pathway is frightening.
To gain a two night residential care position for my daughter the phone calls are made.... Hopeful, stressful, and if I'm lucky grateful, but not always so........often disappointed.....crushed.
I can't afford the cost of this alone.......who has a spare $1435.50 lying around. Yes $1435.50 for a two night stay.
How long can this country ignore the fact that carers are not made of steel?.......just let us breathe, just make it possible for us to always be the best we can as we prepare for the gritty road ahead. Just let us get the break we need. Stop the rhetoric and start the action.
I do it for you X
Can you use your hand to write to your local member, state member, federal member or newspaper and seek their support  for the people without a voice, the most vulnerable of our society...please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening......................