Thursday, March 29, 2012

Losing It

We work, we are paid....or are we? In most cases it's an electronic transfer and all the willing, hungry outlets that gobble up our hard earned income start to take their allocated amount. I have been doing that tired old dance for so long.....my "pay packet" is whittled down by each deduction that I have set up online. There's the usual suspects mortgage, health insurance, union fees, Christmas Club savings spendings and so on and so on all entitled to their portion as they fulfill their insatiable diet. Well surprise surprise when attempting to pay a bill I discovered that my earnings for the past fortnight were $0.00. YES..... NOTHING!!!! I had not one cent in my account....WHAT...I suspected there was a limited amount in there due to some unusual expenses lately including a passport renewal (hello holiday where are you?) but I had my pay coming.... right.......how wrong was I.
It appears that due to an "error" my entire pay had been deposited wrongly into another account and I was being whammied by dishonour fees left,  right and centre.
It took hours out of my day to fix this error that I had not wanted or indeed had created. Add to that a fax machine that had broken down, numerous unanswered calls and my mobile phone rapidly heading to flat line. Eventually after finding someone to talk to the error was blamed on "Malcolm" the work experience guy. This was after I had received a nasty "Well what do you want me to do about it?" enquiry from some office type, lets call her Shazza. I told her what she could do about it in a direct manner.......I think she understood.
I now how a string of dishonour fees debited from my account......thanks Malcolm........and I'm chasing up Shazza from the office so she can reimburse me.......cause I don't work for NOTHING.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening......................