Friday, January 6, 2012

My Great Big Idea

Perhaps its my fault and not the world's fault, but I keep having inspirational thoughts that (in my head) form the basis of a lucrative business that allows me to quit my day job at Piggypimples School and be blissfully financially independent. I say "the worlds fault" because we are invaded with new thingys that, well yes do improve our life, but then there arises THE ISSUES!! Years ago the humble "popper" was created. You know the tetra pack kid-sized juice container. I was a fan....into them....until I handed it to my then two year old who promptly grabbed it and gave it an almighty squeeze announcing that I now had a sticky kid, sticky floor and more washing/housework to do.

What to do? I then quickly invented the Popper Holder. It would be a simple plastic open rectangular prism to encase the "popper" or "spurter" and no more added mess. As this was being planned, manufactured and produced (in my head mind you) it was also obvious that someone else in the world was on to it as well, because in the next week or so the aisle at my local supermarket were flanked with these fantastic products.....bright colourful, the perfect fit. I made my purchase as did every other household in THE WORLD who had a two year old who grabbed things.

My oh my, look at the selection these days, I didn't even have the sophistication of the added handle and cute picture in my plan.
Well yesterday while finally taking down the Christmas tree I had another "sensational" idea but I may sit on it for a while.........but I don't think I'll be seeing this one in a supermarket aisle.
Have you ever had your thunder stolen?

1 comment:

  1. Many a times I have gone "by George I've got it!" only to have my awesomeness crushed when someone else is doing it AND doing it well arghhh. But I say keep trying. Some of us can't help but feel like we are meant to have our own business x.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening......................