Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What are they thinking?

As the weather has gone from this


to this 

 in the seaside town in which I live many people, both residents and holiday makers, are taking the opportunity to indulge in the pure exhilaration that an ocean swim can bring.
So what is programmed on one of the local TV channels in prime time viewing tonight........well firstly we have this little gem titled "Top Five Eaten Alive" a harrowing tale of people almost, but not quite, being eaten alive by sharks.
If that's not enough to drive people away in droves from our beautiful local beaches.......or at the very least ask the question "Will I /won't I ?" It is followed by ......yes, you probably guessed it "Jaws" the one where people swimming in oceans DO get eaten by sharks.
Is this a TV programmers little joke or a petulant "Take that you holiday makers, while you are frolicking at the beach and I am stuck at work I'm going to ramp up the scare factor by about 1000%"
It's certainly given me some OOOOHHH  AAAARRRR moments.
It's  making me look at "The Enemy The Pool " with new respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening......................