Thursday, January 5, 2012

Don't Count Your Days Until They Are Hatched.

This was going to be one of those days, the kind were you smooze around the house in your pjs till about 11ish, grabbing a cup of tea, sprawling on the lounge watching daytime tv, perhaps folding some washing (I'm a folder as opposed to an ironer...unless it's utterly unavoidable) glaring at "the enemy" the @#&# pool and in general doing whatever I felt like......I AM on holidays.

Whilst doing just that unexpected visitors arrived. I see this as a good thing despite the fact they looked fab and I was oozing drab, anyway more cups of tea. They left so I hastily thought "Get dressed that was an omen, at least brush your teeth" So after a shower etc etc I hear another knock on the door....another friend just back from Bali dropping in a gift for my daughter, so I have on the, of course, un-ironed clothes, wet hair and she looks just as you do after a trip to Bali...... fabulous! She beat a hasty retreat (was it the clothes. the uncombed wet hair?........no there was NO LIPSTICK.......so basically I was nude)

Time to dry the hair ......just........ another visitor, on her way from one holiday trip to another, so she was relaxed and de-stressed.....another cup of tea.

Time for a late lunch so I went to the local town with my daughter for a special treat of having a lunch date. Well I had already labelled the day CRAPTASTIC because it had elements of crap and the fantastic, but lunch I thought sealed it. They were out of buns, ok I'll have Turkish bread, out of Turkish Bread, ok just any bread will do. Ummmm out of chicken will ham do? This was my daughters "lunch". We left, she ate nothing

BUT when I arrived home the day just flipped itself over. I have been campaigning with a group I am involved in to win a competition, that if we won we would be able to purchase Ipads for special needs children.Well due to some shenanigans the first and second place-getters were disqualified and WE WON!! Ipads for special needs kids are coming. Huge happy dance.

Then my partner, who has been on trial for three months at his job (at which he totally rocks) was told by the boss: We want you, We love what you do, You are awesome  (I already knew this)

So like it or not I'm going to reserve judgement till the day is done and not immediately judge a day by its cover......not until I've read a chapter or two at least.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening......................